1. This policy sets out the returns policy for goods or services purchased through the online store operated by T J THORNTON LTD.
2. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it, and it must be in the original packaging.
3. Some types of goods are exempt from being returned for a refund where they are perishable (e.g. food, flowers, newspapers, magazines) or where they are intimate or sanitary goods (like underwear), or where they are hazardous materials or flammable liquids or gases.
4. Other types of services cannot be returned for a refund, for example where the service begins as soon as you make the payment (e.g. a downloadable software product) or a gift card or gift wrapping service
5. Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, if you change your mind about a purchase you have made within 14 working days after the date of delivery, you are entitled to a full refund of the original purchase price for the goods or services you wish to return, and the original postage and packaging charges made. You will not be entitled to a refund of the cost you incur in returning the item to us.
6. Our standard returns policy only entitles you to a full refund of the purchase price and postage and packaging charges if the item is faulty or not as described within 14 working days, or a Credit Note can be issued up to the value of the original purchase, valid for 6 months from the date the returned item is received.
7. If the item you purchased was faulty or did not work properly, or you think the item was not as described in the item description, please let us know at the earliest opportunity, as we may be able to resolve your problem to your satisfaction.
8. Where you would like to return a physical product you have purchased, please contact us to let us know that you will be returning the item. We would recommend using the Royal Mail's Special Delivery service for this purpose.
9. Once your return is received and inspected we'll contact you to let you know your item has been been received
10. If you haven't received a refund yet where we have told you we have issued one, please check your bank account or card statement to make sure it hasn't been received and then contact your bank as some banks or card companies take a number of days to credit your account.
11. If an item you purchased was purchased including a discount, then we will only refund the amount that you paid (and not the amount the item was listed for).
12. If an item you purchased was in a sale then it may not be eligible for a refund or a Credit Note if you have changed your mind. If you are in any doubt please contact us before making the purchase.